Thursday, March 6, 2014

Tasting - Arnold Palmer Chardonnay

Name:  Arnold Palmer Chardonnay
Variety: 100% Chardonnay 
Year: 2012
Region:  Nappa Valley
Country:  California
Price:  $20 - on sale for $7.95

Winery Review:  "A vibrant Chardonnay from vineyards in cooler climates of California.  Chardonnay is well known for its characteristic fresh apple fruit aromas and rounded, rich flavors.  Weather during the 2011 harvest provided ideal growing conditions for lush, yet perfectly balanced fruit."

My Review:  I'm not sure what it was about this wine, but it was awful.  Normally, I don't like white wines that are too tart, acidic, or dry, but this wine had an earthy taste that I just did not find appealing.  It was very aromatic with a hint of crisp apple.  I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment