Sunday, March 23, 2014

Tasting - R Wines Eco.Love Riesling

Name:  R Wines Eco.Love Riesling
Variety:  100% Riesling
Year: 2009
Region:  South Island
Country:  New Zealand

Review:  "Our South Island Riesling has a range and combination of flavors unlike any other.  These flavors span citrus, root ginger, white peach, spices and florals. eco.love Riesling is made in balance to an off-dry style. Food Pairing: Asian Fusion, Seafood, Curry, and anything spicy."

My Review:  When I first smelled the wine, I picked up on peach along with some strong florals.  After tasting it, I found the flavors to be very muddled, not like Rieslings I have tried in the past.  It was more earthy, with what may have been a hint of ginger.  There was a spicy to it that was not like pepper, but more like dessert spices.  It was tart and slightly acidic.  I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment