Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha

Name:  Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety:  50% Syrah, 40% Grenache, and 10% Mourvedre
Year:  2011
Region:  Calatayud
Country:  Spain
Price: $6.95

Winery Critique:  "This semi-opaque ruby, custom cuvée of 50% Syrah, 40% Grenache and 10% Mourvedre is made specifically for Fran Kysela. It exhibits very fresh, ripe dark red fruit with very good palate weight and depth and ends with rich fruit notes. Made from organically grown grapes. Incredible value!"
- I-WineReview (December 2013), 90 pts.


My Review:  This red wine had a very strong sweet smell.  When I tasted it, it was surprisingly hollow, with a slightly acidic aftertaste.  I picked up some cherry or berry flavor throughout the wine, and a slightly dry finish.  I did not taste this wine with food, but I think it would pair nicely with chocolate, or mix well into a homemade sangria.

No comments:

Post a Comment