Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting: Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner



Name:  Weinkeller Erbach Flonheimer Adelberg Sylvaner 
Variety:  100% Silvaner
Region:  Rheinhessen
Country:  Germany
Year:  2010
Price:  $4.95

Shop Review:  “The fruity, mouthwatering wine has a nice acidity-sugar balance and comes from the so called 'Rheinhessen-Switzerland', the heartland of Rheinhessen. It has a floral bouquet and is full of lemon zest, hint of passion fruit, and smells like yellow fruit, lemon-grass and green tea, all wrapped around a pleasant creaminess and a semi-dry profile. The finish is zippy and refreshing. Perfect for party on the deck as it comes in a liter bottle!”

My Review:  When I first sniffed this wine, I thought it smelt like rotten fruit.  I was pleasantly surprised by the slight green tea taste (which I think accounted for the smell).  The wine was smooth and full bodied, which combined with the fruity taste, made the wine very refreshing.  I did not taste the wine with food, and I do not think I would need to in order to enjoy the wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment