Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tasting: Cortenova Pinot Grigio




Name:  Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety:  100% Pinot Grigio
Region:  Venezie
Country:  Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95

Shop Review:  "Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections.  Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots, and bananas.  Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the finish. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi,spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif."

My Review:  This white wine had a refreshingly light taste.  There were hints of fruit, and overall the wine did not have a very strong acidic taste to it.  The sweetness of the wine was very enjoyable, and I could see myself drinking it again in the future. I did not drink the wine with any food, but I think the wine's taste was good on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment