Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tasting - The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc

Name:  The Royal Old Vines Chenin Blanc
Variety:  100% Chenin Blanc
Year:  2012
Region:  Western Cape
Country:  South Africa
Price:  $7.95

Winery Review:  90 Points – Robert Parker
"One of the greatest buys I have tasted this year is this under $10, 100% Chenin Blanc from the Western Cape. A super flowery-scented nose includes notions of ripe honeydew melons and pears. This medium-weight, fresh, fruity, crisp, dry, textbook Chenin Blanc will provide immense pleasure over the next 12 months."


My Review:  When I first smelt the white wine, I thought it was floral and fruity.  I tasted a slight floral, but not as strong as I imagined it would be.  Overall the wine was refreshing, and not very acidic.  It did not have anything special flavors, and would describe it as a generic white wine you could casually drink with friends.  I did not taste this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment