Sunday, February 16, 2014

Tasting - Annalisa Moscato

Name:  Annalisa Moscato
Variety: 100% Moscato
Year: 2011
Region:  Piedmont
Country:  Italy
Price:  $12.99

Winery Review:  "A fresh, easy-drinking white with aromas of peach blossoms and citrus wrapped around a softly sweet, luscious palate filled with nectarine and apple notes. Ideal with dessert or fresh fruit."



My Review:  I had this white wine with dinner the other night.  It was definitely a sweet dessert wine.  I picked up the apple and peach notes right away.  The bubbles were gentle and added a slight tang to the very smooth wine.  I had steak and potatoes for dinner, which I think made the wine taste even sweeter than it would have on its own.  I would have much rather paired it with fresh fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment